Author Topic: qorbiter resolution  (Read 3256 times)

iberium

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Innovative Sight & Sound
qorbiter resolution
« on: May 27, 2013, 01:34:09 pm »
My wife just got a new Galaxy S4, and the words are so small, that you can't even get through setting it up.  Is there a way to change the resolution for qorbiter?  Also,  how do I go about changing which skin it is using,  I would like to try the Aeon skin on this device.

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: qorbiter resolution
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 02:46:52 pm »
I don't know about the actual resolution, but the skin for the orbiter is to be set of course in the webadmin, exactly where you created your qorbiter in the first place. On the other hand, am I right to assume, that the Aeon skin you are referring to, is a skin for your phone? If so, then you are out of luck, because that has nothing to do with qorbiter....or lmce.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 08:39:04 pm »
The Aeon skin was never finished. It was done to show that a skin could be hand ported from XBMC to QML, however, as merkur2k found out, there are far fewer screens in XBMC, than there are in LinuxMCE, so he ran out of stuff to use, _very_ quickly.

As for the default skin, you may want to talk to golgoj4 about this. Right now, dealing with DPI differences between devices is a bit of a challenge, and you'll probably need to change the qml for the skins to work properly. We need more people to help write skins and work through these interesting challenges.

-Thom

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 05:04:51 am »
if you have not given up yet,

please give me a buzz with what the device dimensions are.

Thanks. More people have installed this than I thought so...im trying to put out fires.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.