Author Topic: Getting Media From Windows Shares  (Read 22010 times)

robertsaron

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Media From Windows Shares
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 05:35:39 am »
This is all very good information, what I am wondering lets say I bought a NAS, and plugged it into my router. Most NAS' are formatted for windows. Would linux MCE auto recognize it, if I have music and video on it? If not how would I go about doing it? I am currently having problems getting my NIC working, and have yet to install the MCE part of linux....

Vizeo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 08:01:51 pm »
I followed all your steps and they all seemed to work but this one

Typed sudo /usr/pluto/bin/Configure_1837.sh -d 45

it says something to the effect that the command does not exist. I am begining to feel more and more that i am missing something on the install.

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 01:43:51 am »
Typed sudo /usr/pluto/bin/Configure_1837.sh -d 45

it says something to the effect that the command does not exist. I am begining to feel more and more that i am missing something on the install.

In my example, 45 was the device info number for the 'File Server' device.  This may not be the right number for your setup.  From the pluto admin select the 'File Server' device that you added and record the number.  You should have the Configure_1837.sh script in that directory.

webpaul1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 06:26:19 am »
I guess this isn't working because you're using the external nic card.  But normally, with an internal nic, what you get in the device tree is a "File Server", which represents the PC itself that shares the files, and underneath that another device of the template "Generic Windows Share" for each share on the file server that is mounted.  This "Share" (not the server) is what's actually mounted.  If you leave the password blank for the share, it will try the password for the parent device (the server), as well as no password.  When it detects shares automatically with the scanner, this is the device structure as I recall.

corwin

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 05:21:25 am »