Author Topic: Orbiter Default Media Display Order  (Read 5198 times)

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Orbiter Default Media Display Order
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:12:14 pm »
Apologies if this has been answered, but I couldn't find a similar question after some searches. I have recently upgraded to 10.04 and everything is working fine except for this. Basically, whenever I do a quick reload on the core, all the orbiters show music sorted by Album. I then have to go into each orbiter, go to Audio, select Other, then change Album to Performer, then hit go. It is then good until the next quick reload. This is impacting the WAF. Also, it seems like every time I start an orbiter, it always asks me if I want to quick reload because something has changed, even though I haven't changed anything.

So 2 questions:
1. Is there a way to default the sort on Audio to Performer instead of album.
2. Is there a way to debug why the orbiters always want to quick reload whenever they start. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Rob

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Orbiter Default Media Display Order
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:46:18 pm »
1. yes
2. they want to quick reload when the MD starts. This is expected behavior (but not very nice).

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 03:18:01 am »

web-admin
left column "orbiters"

top of the list on your right are two default sorting settings, one for video one for audio

change settings, quick reload (may not be necessary but is a good habit whenever applying changes)

Enjoy

* I use default performer for audio because of the way I store my files, and apply picture tags to the performer which is then applied to all files in that directory that do not have their own art.
I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 06:47:51 pm »
Armor Gnome,
Ok, I feel a little stupid. Never saw that up there after all these years. Thanks for pointing that out Armor Gnome, you never stop learning I guess.

posde,
on 2. this happens on Orbiter start (web-orbiters, windows orbiters, etc.) , MD's are always on. Same deal?

Rob

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »
It always happens when a device changed state. You might want to watch DCERouter and see if you can find the culprit causing this.

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 08:39:13 pm »
posde,
Thanks for the response,
Is there something I can grep in DCERouter.log? Not sure what I am looking for...

Rob

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 04:34:42 pm »
Not so much in the log, but libDCE and DCERouter need to be studied to see when the reload router flag is set. It has to do with the fact that the DCE Router caches all values that it passes around, and when this changes, it flips a Reload flag.

-Thom

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 05:17:35 pm »
tschak909,
Thanks for the reply. Any thoughts on how to do that? I'm moderately capable on command line, but not a programmer.

Rob

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 05:19:35 pm »
You'll need the source code, here:

http://svn.linuxmce.org/svn/branches/LinuxMCE-1004/src

and the code for DCERouter and DCE are in src/DCERouter and src/DCE respectively. There is no way to debug this from the command line, it is an issue in the code, and you'll need to bone up on C++ programming if you want to fix this.

-Thom

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 04:38:30 pm »
Thom,
Well, I guess I am going to have to live with it as I really don't know any C++. Its not a huge problem, just an annoyance really. Thanks for the reply though.

Rob