Author Topic: New Asterisk feature or is it my Gigaset?  (Read 3021 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
New Asterisk feature or is it my Gigaset?
« on: February 06, 2013, 09:16:11 pm »
Okay, this sounds probably stupid on my part, but you're used to that from me, I suppose.
I'm using a Gigaset 610 IP together with LMCE and thats all working nicely so far. Today, when I came home I noticed a missed phonecall. Upon checking it on my Gigaset, I was astounded to see the full name of the caller in the display. It was somebody I knew, but didn't have the number for, so clearly this info came from somwhere else.
Right now I'm a bit confused, where this nice feature comes from...is Asterisk now automatically doing a reverselookup or is this something my Gigaset does on its own?
I'd appreciate your input.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: New Asterisk feature or is it my Gigaset?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 10:39:16 pm »
Okay, this sounds probably stupid on my part, but you're used to that from me, I suppose.
I'm using a Gigaset 610 IP together with LMCE and thats all working nicely so far. Today, when I came home I noticed a missed phonecall. Upon checking it on my Gigaset, I was astounded to see the full name of the caller in the display. It was somebody I knew, but didn't have the number for, so clearly this info came from somwhere else.
Right now I'm a bit confused, where this nice feature comes from...is Asterisk now automatically doing a reverselookup or is this something my Gigaset does on its own?
I'd appreciate your input.

Hey maverick, most callerid features that I've seen pass both the name and number of the called to the device.  Usually it's a feature of the provider that you can enable/disable in your voip account.  The gigaset does not do reverse lookup and to my knowledge LMCE is not doing any reverse number lookup either. 

Second, I also have a Gigaset 610 IP and I was just going to try implementing it and a voip line with my lmce production system.  Any advice on setup/integration with lmce? 

J.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 11:15:23 pm »
There is a Gigaset device template...

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:35:05 pm »
Thanks posde!  I should have checked that first.

J.