Author Topic: Second Hard Drive  (Read 6371 times)

agreene

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Second Hard Drive
« on: March 27, 2007, 04:26:18 pm »
I have a large collection of ogg and flac files on a second hard drive. I cannot figure out how to configure LinuxMCE to find these files and play them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

webpaul1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Second Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:38:49 pm »
You should have seen a message that says "I detected a new device: Generic Internal Drive (shows drive id)  Shall I use it".  That will add a device 'generic internal drive' under the core.  That should have happened automatically.  If not you can manually add 'generic internal drive' in the admin site.

chronniff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:32:37 am »
since I added it under the core I haven't been able to edit anything on that drive (its an external usb) and changing the permissions doesn't seem to do anything.....any ideas?

asgard

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 11:48:13 pm »
since I added it under the core I haven't been able to edit anything on that drive (its an external usb) and changing the permissions doesn't seem to do anything.....any ideas?

Can you cd to /mnt/device/DEVICE_ID from a console ?

agreene

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Second Hard Drive (Ogg and Flac)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 02:55:43 am »
I reinstalled LinuxMCE and and it recognized my hard drive. It found all (not very many) my mp3 files, but none of my ogg or flac files (which is what 90% of my files are). What did I do wrong this time?

webpaul1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 06:37:45 am »
They should all be there.  You know mysql?  If so, in the pluto_main database, MediaType table is the known extensions.  And in pluto_media, File table are all the files it scanned and what types it thinks they are.