I'm not blaming not having freepbx, but the lack of documentation and information, and that's not your fault. I know it's a volunteer effort and i also understand it's not easy to make it easy for end users.
I would gladly help, if i had the time and the knowledge for it. Some very little contribution i gave (fail2ban, and some voip trunk settings).
Well, if i can suggest, how about a little tutorial about, comparing the freepbx settings (trunk - peer detail, user detail), outbound route, dialplan according to trunk and register, or a hidden panel where we could tune it.
For me, at least following directives are missing.
* 83 0 18 0 sip.conf general alwaysauthreject yes
* 85 0 18 0 sip.conf general nat yes
* 86 0 60 0 sip.conf general externhost mydyndns.homeunix.org
* 87 0 5 0 sip.conf general externrefresh 5
* 88 0 60 0 sip.conf general localnet 192.168.80.0/255.255.255.0
* 89 0 9 0 sip.conf general allow g729
* 90 0 10 0 sip.conf general allow g723
* 91 0 101 0 sip.conf general register pwollny:XXXXXXXXX@sip.voipcheap.com/2062036594
I don't know if i did it right, because i could not find what are cat_metric and var_metric for.
I'm not asking to have someone doing it for me, but i wish to know where to put what i need, and i'm not finding out
Best regards to all,