Author Topic: Bye Bye Standby OC / Home Easy  (Read 5018 times)

LeCanard

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Standby OC / Home Easy
« on: September 25, 2012, 07:46:17 pm »
Hi all,

After having done a bit of searching for a solution to replace my Windows based Domia Harmony 2007 install for Bye Bye Standby - I seem to have come up with a blank for solutions on Linux (I am using Ubuntu 12.04).

LinuxMCE seems to be a good fit, but despite a quick search I dont seem to be able to find if the Bye Bye Standby Online Controller works.

The BBSB OC works via firing a UDP packet at the network device which then broadcasts that out over RF to control plug sockets. E.g. UDP Send: echo D:1A01:E | nc -u -w 1 192.168.0.100 53008  will turn my device A01 on...

I think this should be fairly easy to implement but I dont want to re-invent the wheel by writing a scheduler and working out sunrise/sunset etc.

Does anyone know if this is already implemented, or how easy it would be add as a plugin?

Thanks in advance everyone.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Standby OC / Home Easy
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:47:22 pm »
Hi all,

After having done a bit of searching for a solution to replace my Windows based Domia Harmony 2007 install for Bye Bye Standby - I seem to have come up with a blank for solutions on Linux (I am using Ubuntu 12.04).

LinuxMCE seems to be a good fit, but despite a quick search I dont seem to be able to find if the Bye Bye Standby Online Controller works.

The BBSB OC works via firing a UDP packet at the network device which then broadcasts that out over RF to control plug sockets. E.g. UDP Send: echo D:1A01:E | nc -u -w 1 192.168.0.100 53008  will turn my device A01 on...

I think this should be fairly easy to implement but I dont want to re-invent the wheel by writing a scheduler and working out sunrise/sunset etc.

Does anyone know if this is already implemented, or how easy it would be add as a plugin?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Blank solution for Linuxmce is not 1204, but 1104.

LeCanard

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 07:51:04 pm »
Blank solution for Linuxmce is not 1204, but 1104.

Thank you, I will bear that in mind - other than that can I do what I'm talking about?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 08:08:44 pm »
Yes, you can do that. If the commands are freely available, you can write a device driver for it.

LeCanard

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 08:18:51 pm »
Yes, you can do that. If the commands are freely available, you can write a device driver for it.

Thank you - is this what you a referring to? wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/How_to_add_your_own_GSD_device