Author Topic: Pictures not showing in Orbiter  (Read 4206 times)

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Pictures not showing in Orbiter
« on: September 02, 2012, 08:52:08 pm »
Hi All,
I have been looking around for a possible solution to this and am hoping that I can get some help.
I found an old thread that describes my issue pretty well, but I can't seem to get it to work (http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,6889.0.html). I had an issue where I had mounted a raid array as my home directory. I was told that that was a no-no. So I have since unmounted the raid array from /home (/home is just on the boot drive) the raid array is now just hanging out there. After a reboot, it was seen by linuxmce and mounted on /mnt/devices/149 and /home/public/data/other/Software Raid 5 [149]. Once that was done the mp3 and video files sync'd fine, however, no symlink was created for the pictures directory in /home/public/data/pictures.  There is only a symlink for flickr there. As an FYI the directory structure on the mounted raid was /mnt/devices/149/public/data/pictures.

So I tried deleting the raid array in web admin. Then ran sudo mdadm --detail --scan >> /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf  as the uuid's were different in the mdadm.conf file. (As per this page: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Create_RAID_in_LMCE) Once I did that, the web admin found the array, renumbered it device 163 and it started scanning the media on the device. The problem is there is still no symlink to /mnt/devices/163/public/data/pictures in /home/public/data/pictures and the images are not showing up in the orbiters. Also, none of the orbiters asked if I should use the new device, nor if it should use Linuxmce Directory structure or be public.

Long story short, in the 2008 post, there was a mention that permissions could be an issue,

Here is what the permissions are for /mnt/device/163/public:
drwxrwsr-x  3 myuser       public           17 2012-08-30 07:31 public

/mnt/device/163/public/data
drwxrwsr-x 22 myuser public 4096 2012-08-22 19:52 data

/mnt/device/163/public/data/pictures
drwxrwsr-x 161 myuser public  8192 2012-08-30 20:27 pictures

Thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Rob

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
Re: Pictures not showing in Orbiter
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 05:05:39 am »
What orbiter are you running??? Windows orbiter (either native or through Wine on Linux), qOrbiter, Web Orbiter???
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 02:25:19 pm »
JaseP, Thanks for helping! I have windows orbiters running in wine and windows as well as web orbiters running on android tablets and phones.

Is there a way to tell why the link in /home/public/data/pictures? Would that be logged somewhere?

Rob

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 12:28:01 am »
update:
So I am still having issues with this. A link is still not being created in /home/public/data/pictures. And I am getting some weirdness in the web admin. The Software Raid 5 is showing that it is "failed" under State. Even though mdadm shows it is "clean". I did change the PK_users to "Use Linuxmce's directory structure" however all the child devices (/dev/sda, /dev/sdb, etc) are all showing as "REMOVED". Should I try deleting the Software RAID 5 device and starting over?

Rob

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 03:35:39 pm »
Update #2:
Ok it looks like I forgot Rule Number 1 ;D

Although the Raid is still showing as FAILED, since changing to Use LMCE's Directory Structure, there is now a link in /home/public/data/pictures and there is no longer a link in /home/public/data/other. So I had to do a Delete All Missing Files from Database on /home/public/data/other and Resync the /home/public/data/pictures etc. I will be more patient ;)

Rob