Author Topic: FortrezZ WWA-01 Water Alarm - How to install it?  (Read 4404 times)

axel

• View Profile
FortrezZ WWA-01 Water Alarm - How to install it?
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:44:56 pm »
Hi,

Can anybody answer me how to install this device in  LinuxMCE 8.10?

- Wireless Water Alarm WWA-01 (http://www.fortrezz.com/10.html)

Thanks in advance,

Axel

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: FortrezZ WWA-01 Water Alarm - How to install it?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:40:20 pm »
You will need to first get a protocol sheet for the device in question (or technical manual), this will describe how to communicate with the device.

Then, you need to create a new Device Template describing the device, and its capabilities.

For simple devices, you can simply write the code in Ruby, using the built in editor in the web admin. These devices are called Generic Serial Devices (GSD), and you can read all about them by searching for those two terms GSD and Generic Serial Device on the wiki.

For more complex devices, you can write the code in C++, and use the "Developing a DCE Device" page as a guide for filling out the device templates, and setting up an environment for C++.

Look at other GSD devices to see how they work (one example is the Panasonic IP Camera template), and as always there is plenty of help here on the forums or on IRC, and others here have written GSD devices who can definitely help as well.

Good luck!

-Thom

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 01:59:48 am »
Hi Tschak909.

You do know this is a Z-wave device?

Surely can you not just add it to the z-wave network as any other device/sensor and then use it to trigger a scenario?

I assume in a similar way you would do if a Z-wave motion sensor was triggered you would trigger a scenario to switch on a set of lights.

I have not yet started to do much with Z-wave so I could be wrong. I have just ordered a basic started kit!

Regards

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:03:39 am »
Ok, then the ZWave driver needs to be aware of it. Hari may be able to shed more light on this.

-Thom

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:17:37 am »
the link to the manual from that page is broken. But I'd guess it uses the sensor alarm command class. We already have support for that (smoke detectors, …). Depending on what exact sensor alarm bits it uses we might need to add another line of code or two without much effort. So just go for it and nag me if it won't work (or send me a test sample).
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

axel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 03:24:00 pm »
Thank you for these algorithms!

I will try to implement them.

Axel

axel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 03:47:05 pm »
Now I use wwa-02.
the link to the manual: http://www.fortrezz.com/wwa02.html.

LMCE registered this device as Multilevel Sensor. It work fain.

Axel