Author Topic: Missing Asterisk Config Files  (Read 6045 times)

Spot2

• View Profile
Missing Asterisk Config Files
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:39:27 am »

I've been playing with LinuxMCE for a couple years and finally got around to moving my main phone number to Broadvoice. I've had the account since 2008 and have been using it via softphone and LinuxMCE until a few months ago. I was using an 0810 install that was pretty old and once I updated it to the latest, I no longer had any of the phone templates. The one that was setup was still running but I couldnt add the new SPA3102 that I just bought to switch over the main house phone.

I then did a fresh re-install (dvd install), which didnt install Asterisk properly.
Then another re-install, which seemed to load Asterisk fine. What I didnt realize is that a few of the conf files in /etc/asterisk didnt get created, asterisk.conf being one of them.

I've tried forcing a reinstall of asterisk-pluto, pluto-asterisk, and freepbx but that didnt help. Checking the logs, it shows my orbiter is failing its SIP connection, along with the new SIP connection for the SPA.

Heres my /etc/asterisk:

dcerouter_1019210:/var/log/asterisk# ls /etc/asterisk
cdr_mysql.conf                           manager_additional.conf      queues.conf
enum.conf                                manager.conf                 queues_custom.conf
extensions.conf                          manager_custom.conf          queues_custom_general.conf
extensions_custom.conf                   meetme_additional.conf       queues_general_additional.conf
extensions_custom.conf.sample            meetme.conf                  queues_post_custom.conf
extensions_pluto_dial.conf               meetme_pluto.conf            rtp.conf
features_applicationmap_additional.conf  modem.conf                   sccp.conf
features.conf                            modules.conf                 sip_additional.conf
features_general_custom.conf             musiconhold_additional.conf  sip.conf
iax_additional.conf                      musiconhold.conf             sip_registration.conf
iax.conf                                 musiconhold_custom.conf      sip_registrations.conf
iax_registration.conf                    parking_additional.inc       version
iax_registrations.conf                   phone.conf                   vm_email.inc
iaxy.conf.sample                         phpagi.conf                  vm_general.inc
indications.conf                         privacy.conf                 voicemail.conf.template
localprefixes.conf                       provider_list.txt            zapata_additional.conf
logger.conf                              queues_additional.conf       zapata.conf.template
dcerouter_1019210:/var/log/asterisk#

Any help is appreciated!

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Missing Asterisk Config Files
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:50:39 am »
You are experiencing a bug which has been rectified in the latest snapshot. Try apt-get update and upgrade - if it does not work, you can manually screw around with removing some deb packages (asterisk-config removal with dpkg and forceall) and an install of freepbx after that, or if it is easier for you, just download the latest snapshot.

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:22:53 am »
I too was having problems with asterisk and freePBX during installation, but with a later snapshot (24164) I didn't have any problems.

However, I still was not able to register the line, and like you, asterisk.conf was missing. Somebody on IRC gave me this file, I plonked it in, and the line registered. If you want me to send you this file, let me know.

I've no idea if this is related, but still none of my extensions have registered with freePBX. The internal intercom doesn't even work - does this use freePX by any chance? Not sure where to go from here, I really don't want to reinstall if it can be avoided.

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

Spot2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:42:02 am »
I tried the update/upgrade but it didnt fix the issue... So I started playing with packages and got it working.

Posde suggested removing asterisk-config, but it wasnt there to remove. So, I added it which removed all the pluto/asterisk packages. I confirmed the conf files now existed, then just re-installed the asterisk-pluto, pluto-asterisk, pluto-voicemail-monitor, and freepbx. After a reboot my trunk registered and all SIP phones connected.

I got the softphone working in seconds, but now I'm on to the SPA. I think I can receive calls, just not send yet. I should be able to figure it out with a little more searching.  ;)

Thanks for the help! :)
-Aaron

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 12:11:32 pm »
OK, if I am going to try removing asterisk-config as per possy's suggestion first, what command do I issue? "dpkg -r --force-all asterisk-config"? Do I need to be in a specific directory before that will work properly?

Cheers,
Matt.

Spot2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 12:26:13 pm »
That should work... Once I installed it, I left it there and just did the others on top.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 07:12:20 pm »
you only need to remove asterisk-config if it exists.

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 10:39:28 pm »
But adding asterisk-config will remove the asterisk packages? Have I got that right?

Spot2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 06:04:48 am »
But adding asterisk-config will remove the asterisk packages? Have I got that right?

Yep

purps

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 09:33:38 pm »
Thanks chaps, orbiter extensions are now registered, intercom works, AND am able to dial out from orbiters to external numbers. This is the furthest I have ever got with the telephony part of LMCE, very pleased.

There are other issues, but I shall go into those on another thread http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,11789.0.html

Cheers,
Matt.