Author Topic: Asterisk and the line identifier  (Read 3966 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Asterisk and the line identifier
« on: July 21, 2011, 10:40:40 pm »
I would like to make a feature request for asterisk, namely the ability to switch of the line identifier "9" or "0" for dialing. As far as I found out about asterisk, it is in most cases not neccessary to prepend a "9" or "0" in order to get a line for dialing. I can only speak for the European continent, that standard local numbers are at least 4 digits long. While there may be a number of people out there with only three digit local phonenumbers, they are more or less dying out, because numbers like that are no longer given out for new phonelines.
So I think it would make things a bit easier, if for numbers not in the phonebook, if asterisk would be transparent to the user and you could just dial the number without having to remember the additional number. It would mean, that any number that is longer than three digits gets a line automatically.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Asterisk and the line identifier
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:49:43 pm »
open a feature_request type trac ticket, please. Make sure to re-visit it, and leave your email address, so we can contact you.

Thanks.

dextaslab

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • modlog.net
Re: Asterisk and the line identifier
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 01:56:33 am »
If you change your dial patterns in Freepbx.
Example: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Dialplan+Patterns
--------------------------
   _9011.          matches any string of at least five characters that starts with 9011,
                      but it does not match the four-character string 9011 itself.
--------------------------