Author Topic: Two metods of Install crashed for me.  (Read 5497 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Two metods of Install crashed for me.
« on: April 07, 2005, 11:58:59 pm »
Detecting problems to install pluto from image or auto install in sarge.

The installation from scripts say: "ConfirmDependencies_Debian.sh: line3 /usr/pluto/install/Common.sh: No such file or directory"

This msg error is correct, me don´t have this file, ¿why?

And the installation from boot cd, crashed when id-cdrom modprobe runs (too much time in standby).

Thx a lot.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Two metods of Install crashed for me.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 11:44:55 am »
Quote from: "Cyberb0b"
The installation from scripts say: "ConfirmDependencies_Debian.sh: line3 /usr/pluto/install/Common.sh: No such file or directory"

This msg error is correct, me don´t have this file, ¿why?

Installation from scripts hasn't been tested yet, and by the looks of it we don't provide all the installation scripts needed (there are about 6 files).

The installation scripts in /usr/pluto/install/ are copied from the CD before the 1st reboot from the Pluto-Install directory found on the CD. If Common.sh isn't there, the copy probably failed. Currently there is no check for failed copies so if it failed there's no way to know.

To do a basic check, go to a console (Alt+F2), login as root, and type these commands:
Code: [Select]
1. mount /dev/cdrom /mnt
2. cp /media/cdrom/Pluto-Install/Common.sh /usr/pluto/install
3. echo $?

Then tell me what you see on screen after commands 2 and 3. Command 2 should not display anything and command 3 should display 0 when ran immediately after command 2.
Quote from: "Cyberb0b"
And the installation from boot cd, crashed when ide-cdrom modprobe runs (too much time in standby).

This isn't right. What is your system configuration (motherboard model, chipset, CDROM make, S-ATA status)?