Author Topic: Adding security video support to motion  (Read 5298 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Adding security video support to motion
« on: April 05, 2005, 03:37:21 pm »
Hi,

I have now surveillance system working with 3 cameras (although I didn't try to look at them from Orbietrs).

I have added what I think is necessary to motion.conf to generate motion videos too - but motion binary would have to be compiled with ffmpeg support. If compiling, I'd suggest to switch to newer stable version of motion - there is better support for net cameras...

Videos will be created in same directories as pictures are, so I guess they can be handled by Orbiters.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Adding security video support to motion
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 05:10:35 pm »
Quote from: "tinia"
Hi,

I have now surveillance system working with 3 cameras (although I didn't try to look at them from Orbietrs).

I have added what I think is necessary to motion.conf to generate motion videos too - but motion binary would have to be compiled with ffmpeg support. If compiling, I'd suggest to switch to newer stable version of motion - there is better support for net cameras...

Videos will be created in same directories as pictures are, so I guess they can be handled by Orbiters.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

Hi,

if I may add : it would be probably good to include ffmpeg also on xine video players, so they will be able to play motion videos.

Those can be in 3 possible formats (determined in motion.conf): Mpeg1, Mpeg4 and MSMpeg4 (M$ mpeg4 to be playable in WMP). Which one would be best for Pluto ?

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 06:41:25 pm »
Hey Rob,

If the carmeras are working, it actually should work with the Orbiters too.  We fixed that with the .14 build.  You should see 'Get Video Frame' messages going to the cameras when you bring up the cameras on the Orbiter.  

I sent Radu an email about getting motion compiled the way you want.

Aaron

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 11:02:05 am »
I'll do some digging on this subject. Just wanted to let you know that I'm taking care of it and don't think that you are being ignored. Thanks.