Author Topic: Home Remote HRDS1 Door Sensor not able to complete setup  (Read 4782 times)

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
Home Remote HRDS1 Door Sensor not able to complete setup
« on: October 11, 2010, 02:11:39 pm »
I have the door sensor listed above.  When adding it to the my MCV dongle and plugging the dongle back into the computer I get the setup wizard.  She walks me through the setup by telling me that a generic sensor has been detected and do I want to set it up now.  I click the button that takes me to the room selection.  As soon as I select a room I get a next button.  I click next and I am taken to the type selection window.  I select door sensor and the next button appears.  I select next and I get to name the device.  I type in a name and no button appears to move on to finish the configuration.  I end up hitting done which usually turns the door sensor into an orbiter.  I delete the orbiter that is created and the sensor ends up in the security section but does not seem to be completely functional.

Another thing I have noticed, when looking at device templates and Pluto is selected as the manufacturer, you only have one device to choose from under security <environment to choose, generic sensor template number 1813.  But if no manufacturer is selected there are several to choose from including a door sensor template number 1599.  In the setup wizard I don't have a choice but to select the generic sensor.  How would the door sensor template be selected over the generic sensor template in the setup wizard?

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Home Remote HRDS1 Door Sensor not able to complete setup
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 09:40:39 pm »
I have submitted ticket #845.  Before submitting a ticket I did a search on Generic Sensor in the forum and found that something very similar occurred in July.  It looks like a ticket was submitted at that time too.

I meant to add that the installation of linuxmce was very smooth and other than the problem with the door sensor went without a hitch.  I installed from a dvd snapshot from Oct 8, 23326
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:44:11 pm by mythtified »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:29:16 am »
I typically use contact closure door sensors, attached to a GC-100 for a door sensor. Delete the Generic Sensor template, and replace it with a Door Sensor template in the web admin, keeping the Port device data the same.

-Thom

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 12:38:18 pm »
ignore the wizard (until somebody feels like fixing it), use it as generic sensor (created automatically), assign it to a room and add a "door" icon from the webadmin..

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 04:29:30 pm »
Thx for the responses Hari and Thom.  Hri, this may be a dumb question but you said to ignore the wizard and the generic sensor would automatically be picked and created.  How does that work?  I pair the sensor to the dongle and then plug it back into the computer.  The wizard automatically starts and tells me that there is a sensor that has not been assigned to a room.  Do I not go through that process and say no?  Is the device created and configured anyway and I just have to assign it a room from the web admin?  Well I answered my own question.  Works great.  Thx for all the help

Hari is there a place or places to learn more about zwave without the programming part?  I mean where do I go to learn how zwave works,  I realize it is a mesh network.  I just don't understand the process.  I see in the send command in the advanced interface for zwave several commands that could be useful if I had a better understanding of what is going on.  Ultimately I would like to be able to look at the log and understand what is happening but I am not sure where to look for the basics.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:49:35 pm by mythtified »

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 07:10:49 pm »
ignore the wizard (until somebody feels like fixing it), use it as generic sensor (created automatically), assign it to a room and add a "door" icon from the webadmin..

br Hari

Assigning rooms is easy but I just don't see any option for adding door icon from webadmin, can you please help.

Cheers,
Valent.
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
My setup - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Valent

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 07:14:39 pm »
Assigning rooms is easy but I just don't see any option for adding door icon from webadmin, can you please help.

Cheers,
Valent.
floorplan icon in device data

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation