Author Topic: New chan-sccp-b for 1004  (Read 3314 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
New chan-sccp-b for 1004
« on: April 13, 2012, 03:03:47 pm »
There is an updated chan-sccp-b package available. Please test, and give feedback.

Thanks.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • JaseP's LinuxMCE Wiki User page
Re: New chan-sccp-b for 1004
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:38:45 pm »
Have you built it against Asterisk 1.8?
See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:15:02 am »
Asterisk prevented 1004 from working for more than a year.

No.

Stop asking if we have thought of things. Experiment on your own. If you manage to get something working feel free to provide a patch.
I never quit... I just ping out.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 01:51:18 am »
Uhmmm,...

:o

I wasn't asking if you thought of something, I was legitimately asking (a pure question, no motivation behind it),... based on what I've seen of the chan-sccp-b package (from the SourceForge page), if it was set up as the version running what I (of course, assume, now, is not correct) thought was the telephony package that 10.04 was running ... and (by reference) incorporated the feature set referenced on the SourceForge page.

Why did I think that? (Answ: Please, see my attachment)

I seriously was under the impression that 10.04 was running Asterisk 1.8 or maybe 1.6...

So (once again), I'm wrong. Sorry. My sincere apologies. I was basing my question on what I had read.

When my system is up and running correctly, I will volunteer my efforts to help update and revise the Wiki... Because, between that and my ADHD, it's making me look like an @$$...

See my User page on the LinuxMCE Wiki for a description of my system configuration (click the little globe under my profile pic).

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 03:41:21 am »
Once again... I may be the asshat here.

I misunderstood your question. I apologize. I haven't slept in a very long time.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 07:48:57 am »
Hi,hi, two lovers collide :D

Everything is good. Yes, we use 1.8 of asterisk with 1004 of LinuxMCE, since foxi has invested a great amount of time to become king of telecom for LinuxMCE and removing FreePBX replacing it with realtime asterisk.

Is there a reason why you ask what version of asterisk we use? A simple dpkg -l asterisk might have shown the version.

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 04:03:03 pm »
See there, I was a jerk, AND I was wrong.

This round to JaseP.

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 05:50:10 pm »
That's OK... No harm, no foul.

@ posde:

The reason the version of Asterisk is important (to me, that is) is because, apparently, you need ver. 1.8 or later to get it to work with the Obi110 ATA, at least according to the tutorials I've found... I don't really know if it really is important or not. Of course that assumes I can get the Obi110 set up as a device under LinuxMCE. The Obi110 helps get around the Asterisk issues with Google Voice. I also have an SPA3201, which I may or may not use.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 05:53:59 pm »
Next time, try the simple route and use either dpkg -l asterisk or apt-cache policy asterisk

JaseP

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 06:22:58 pm »
Good Point,... I always forget about the shell command switches for info...