Author Topic: Orbiter failed to generate openGL  (Read 3984 times)

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Orbiter failed to generate openGL
« on: August 08, 2010, 03:45:54 am »
Hi All,
Lost and need the assistance of the experts.........cant get IRC to work otherwise I would go one the IRC and get help there so if anybody can help with the following that would be much appreciated. I have submitted this issue on the forums previously and I really need some urgent help to get my one and only md working as I am recently out of hospital after a serious hemorrhage on the brain and I need to fix my md for the family and so I can lay on the couch and watch movies and recover for the next 6 weeks.

The issue I am having is I recently did updates on the Core and ever since when the MD boots up it's goes through all the normal process and then comes up with a error msg of Orbiter failed to generate openGL and won't go any further, I am using a Gigabyte motherboard with a Gigabyte 7600GS video card. If you need any log files I can upload them

I have tested the core and that works apart from the fact the image is far to big for the screen. I am running DVI at 1920 x 1080 on a Dell 24" monitor, not sure if this is coincidence as the core is also running the same motherboard and 7600GS video card as the md which was working all ok before doing the updates so my guess all my problems are driver related but I have know idea where to start.

If you need any log files to help diagnose the problems please let me know so I can upload them

Thanks and kind regards
Bruce

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter failed to generate openGL
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 12:15:29 pm »
Hi All,
I thought I would give re creating the md diskless image a go.

After it had re built the image I went through both the AV wizard & the MD set up, and after a pm from Kezza (Thanks Kezza at least I got rid of the openGL error) who suggested using UI rather then the other two options I finally got the basic orbiter UI up and running...............though when I select a .dvd file or .mpg or any other video file it comes up with the play window and then after you press play the screen goes black and that's it.

I can go use my remote to stop it and then it returns back to the basic UI. The other small issues are the working USB0038 on the md which controls my Onkyo receiver now no longer works and then when I want to play a DVD the old msg of DVDCSS missing returns.

I tried going to using the set up wizard to change the UI and that has just bombed out so I can anybody suggest a resolution ie do a fresh download as I have updated and upgraded both the core and the md and nothing seems to be working as it should since I did a update and upgrade a month ago.

Prior to that the system was working like a gem, now everything I try to fix just gets worse with every reboot

Regards
Bruce 

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 03:21:23 am »
What version of Nvidia is currently installed?

Code: [Select]
sudo cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version
I never quit... I just ping out.

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:01:56 am »
Hi
I believe it is 195
Regards
Bruce

DEMNVT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 04:06:47 am »
I had issues with this myself the other night. I couldn't get any of the widescreen resolutions (ie 1080p, 720p etc) in the AVWizard to actually work on my TV. They all blew out to much larger than the screen and I could only see the top left corner of the screen.

I ended up using 1024 X 768 and it worked fine. I think my TV does some sort of wierd scaling or something when the signal comes in via VGA.

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 05:15:04 am »
Hi
Sorry about the lack of info it is actually 195.36.15 and I can only get UI at 1024 x 768 to work any other settings fail

Bruce

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 09:04:23 pm »
If DENMVT's suggestion (originally pw44's) about samba in your original thread does not magically fix these issues I will walk you through manually re-installing the video side. My method is not preferred, but will probably get you past most of this, avoiding a fresh install.
I never quit... I just ping out.