Things have progressed much, hats off to the devs, I have been fiddling with 8.10 for a week or so in my spare time and today I setup a core in lieu of mythmaster backend with 4 TV cards one being an OTA for HD locally. I will get with that later.
everything is up and running with the network and devices have been found. I have couple things I was wondering I am relearning as I go.
1. How long is it gonna take to sync 13 2.0TB public windows-shares? This is working fine
2. Does anybody have a copy of the media tagging video Thom made. Still Looking for this file.
3. Could someone refresh my memory on the location needed for the channel changing script? Is this still /usr/bin/local or /usr/local/bin/ I have it back up somewhere
4. I am setting up a new sharp Aquos 820 this time around. Should I mkae a new template for it or modify an old one. RS232 will be controlling it. Any Feedback on this Anybody.
5. Finally any tips or links on setting up a ION330 as an MD. I did read a little but not too deep as I was heavily into the core. Seems to work just fine out of the box on the latest Snapshot as an MD
I was reading somewhere on the forum, someone had mentioned a .id3 sharing site. has anything been done with that idea. I think it would be awesome and I may be way off but I am thinking that would be like tvdb or the mymovies upload method for movie info. I.E. I have all the Die hard movies id'd and someone needs them can they use my id file or would you still need to tag the files individually. I am not certain and I am wondering if this would be of any benefit. I am not looking forward to tagging my 2000 movies plus TV, HD and Music. LOL. No response to this idea - would it not be a useful tool for the masses.
Thanks in advance gentlemen. Great work again it looks good.