Author Topic: Done Rip ... Wrong!  (Read 2678 times)

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
Done Rip ... Wrong!
« on: May 12, 2010, 02:53:25 pm »
There is a 'done rip' icon and the button is disabled for a cd I have been trying to rip.

To recreate:
Ripped 1st time:
noticed it was ripped as ogg. Went into web admin and deleted album folder then artist folder completely. Resynchronised.
In web admin set default cd rip as mp3.
Ripped 2nd time:
noticed it had ripped as ogg again (didn't reload router). I stopped rip at 90% in pending tasks. Went into web admin and deleted artist folder completely. Resynchronised. Reloaded router.

Now I cannot rip the cd because the rip button is disabled for this cd and says 'done rip'. I was surprised to see that the artist folder was still listed in the database despite being deleted in web admin.

If a folder is deleted in web admin then all db entries beneath it should be too.... surely?

I Clicked on 'Delete ALL missing files from database'. This didn't work either.

Have resynchronised, rebooted, tried everything I know.

No idea what to do. The 'done rip' idea is nice but at this point it has cost me a lot of time.
Anyone got any ideas?

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Done Rip ... Wrong!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:29:05 pm »
Deleting from the database (sql) is yet the only way i know. Use phpmyadmin, makes it easier.

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 01:49:17 pm »
Thanks pw44,
I guess so.

I would rather see this feature removed if it isn't seamless. Maybe, as a compromise, the icon could display but not disable the rip function.

It is a lot easier to handle duplicated media in web admin or the ui than it is to run into this problem and have to delve into the db running sql queries. >:(
Barney

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 02:25:57 pm »
Created a ticket for this:
http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/682
Barney